Thursday, October 08, 2009

Day 24

Woke up this morning. Went to class, and then I walked down to the gym and sat and had breakfast before I started feeling the burn.

For Breakfast: One banana and a 1/2 of vanilla yogurt.

I worked out for almost two hours today. I am beat, yet surprisingly refreshed. I am up at school again and I am going to do some things for class at 2:30. I am really enjoying my classes and I think it is going to be a challenging but productive quarter. Since I have started this blog and since I am doing so well, I have been thinking about incorporating my "journey" into my thesis for graduation. Not to mention, incorportating a this into an academic project could be a really good thing to prepare me and help me with Culinary school. We will see what comes of this blog besides my killer beach bod. (fingers crossed)

I would like to dedicate this next part of my blog to a certain someone who I have run into at the gym quite a few times recently.

There is a man that works out at the gym around the same time I do. He is probably about 70, maybe 67. And he has the thickest glasses I have ever seen. We wears light grey tiny cotton shorts, a little white tank, and a towel slung over his neck. It's great that he is there working out, and from what it seems he looks like he is in pretty good shape,BUT. . . When a person is on the machine that he would like to work at, he stops what he is doing and glares at the person. Usually when a machine is being occupied a person moves on to another machine and waits patiently until that machine is available, not this guy. This little ordeal has happened to me 3-4 times now. I was using a machine and he walked over to it and got closer than "comfortable" and just glares at me through those thick glasses. He never says anything, just stares until you feel so uncomfortable you get up. I feel myself rushing through my workout because I am so intimidated by this senior citizen-workout machine-bully. It's pretty nuts.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You know, if you want I can come and be your Body Guard and stare him down too. He doesn't know that I am actually already afraid of him, just from hearing about him. But, I am an actress, this could act as an acting exercise. MUY BUENO!

    - Kay

    ReplyDelete