Friday, October 02, 2009

Day 18

Today I ran out the door without eating breakfast! I was so sleepy this morning and sore from yesterday's workout. I went to my one morning class and then to the gym but before I did anything, I bought a piece of fruit and ate it so I would have a little breakfast. I worked out hard and I am exhausted. I have the entire night off and I am going to cook. And make a drink with a bit of caffeine in it so I don't fall asleep while I am cutting something. Coffee or hot tea, It's my weakness, I will admit it, but I can't give it up. It's better than my weakness being fried chicken or doughnuts.

For Breakfast: A banana.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't even call the coffee/tea thing a weakness (though I admit to suffering from the same fate - I even drank instant coffee this weekend rather than go without).

    Men's Health had an interesting article about caffeine:

    "Be smarter for life: Refill your cup three times a day. Harvard researchers have determined that men who drink 4 cups of caffeinated coffee a day are half as likely to develop Parkinson's disease as those who skip the java--presumably because caffeine keeps dopamine molecules active. What's more, blocking adenosine may slow the buildup of amyloid-beta, a toxic brain plaque that's associated with Alzheimer's disease."

    http://bit.ly/3EDBmE

    Shay

    ReplyDelete