Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Day 23

I had a great workout today. Went swimming, and did a full workout. Then I walked to Trader joe's and got a few groceries that we desperately needed. When I got home I prepped some things. I cooked a spaghetti squash and then made an awesome Eggplant lasagna. I made it early and then let it set so i could have it when I got home from work tonight.

For Lunch: Just a hard boiled egg and some trail mix.

For Dinner: The Eggplant Lasagna.
I had some marinara that I made by hand a while back. I had it in the freezer. I also had some extra lean all natural italian chicken sausage. I took the sausage out of it's casing and sauteed it, with some garlic, red bell peppers, zucchini, sweet onion and at the very end I threw some spinach in there. Just a little salt and pepper and oregano. While that was sauteing, I sliced a whole eggplant into very thin pieces and grilled it. I did not use anything on the eggplant and just cooked it until it was tender. Once everything was cooked and cooled I got my pyrex casserole dish and started layering. I used the eggplant sheets instead of pasta, and used the veggie and chicken as my filling with the homemade marinara. No cheese. I don't like cheese, which is good because it doesn't help with the weight factor. I put it into the fridge and let it set and when I got home I sliced it and baked the individual pieces for Cassi and I. I topped it with fresh basil after it came out of the oven. It was really good and it is fun to come up with interesting new HEALTHY recipes for popular dishes that are usually so bad for you. I will definitely make this again. I will eat it again too, because I have lots left over.

No comments:

Post a Comment