Saturday, October 03, 2009

Day 19

For Breakfast: Sweet potato cake topped with sauteed spinach and over easy egg. I had some sweet potato, last night I cooked it, and mashed it and saved it in the fridge so it was ready for whatever I wanted to use it for. This morning I added a few things . . . sauteed onion, a little bit of breadcrumb and an egg, to hold it all together and the breakfast turned out awesome!

For Lunch: Another bowl of the Black Bean and Chicken Chili topped with fresh cilantro and avocado. Cassi and I have come to the conclusion that this is one of the best things I have ever made.

I bought some extra lean ground turkey this morning at the grocery store, I have some ideas, but does anybody have any good recipes for ground turkey? I don't usually cook with ground meat, so I am looking for something tasty and healthy of course!

We just watched a very frustrating RPI football game. They ended up losing, but Tim had an unbelievable game and we got to watch it on the big screen. I saw Mom, Dad and Aunt Lisa in the stands too! Better luck next time I guess!

1 comment:

  1. here's a recipe for turkey burgers. i've made these before; delish!! i like to add some roasted red bell peppers, and eat them on toasted whole wheat bread with dijon mustard.

    http://bit.ly/nD2gB

    let me know if you decide to try them!!

    ReplyDelete