Sunday, October 04, 2009

Day 20

I had a busy day. Soccer game, the jungle of ikea, and cleaning up at home, and of course, I still have way too much reading to do for school. I woke up and made some breakfast and turned on the the TV. Here in Washington Referendum 71 has been a big topic and this morning on King 5 news there was a debate in regards to it. Ref 71 is the "everything but marriage law" for same-sex couples here in Washington State. I'm not sure about the timeline but I think it was last year that the "everything but marriage law" was signed by our governor Christine Gregoire. Since then people against gay rights have been fighting to take those rights away. Now, it's on the ballot, and once again people all over Washington are at risk of losing their rights. Obviously a sore topic for me . . . I feel like Cassi and I live in a safe and loving environment and are surrounded by people who love and support us, I seem to forget how many people out there think the LGBT community is disgusting and undeserving of happiness. I just hope that the vote goes the right way. I think it will, I don't want a "proposition 8" on our hands here in Washington. Steps forward, not back. Keep those fingers crossed for equal rights!

Moving on . . .

For breakfast: I had an egg and the rest of my mashed sweet potato.

Cassi and I ended grabbing something to eat after the soccer game . . . only my second or third time in twenty days.

For Lunch: Small Cobb salad with roasted turkey, avocado, egg, and a little bit of bacon, with red wine vinaigrette.

And Cassi made me dinner tonight!

For Dinner: Tuna tossed with artichokes, capers, green onion, lemon and a dash of olive oil on a bed of baby spinach.

Off to go do some major reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment