Monday, February 01, 2010

Day 137 (Friday Jan. 29th)

We stayed at Teresa's place and woke up super early to get on the road nice and early.

For Breakfast: Baked oatmeal with cinnamon, nutmeg and cranberries, this was a dish that Teresa's mom made for us and it was really good! Coffee.

We got up to McCall at about 10:30 and got into our condos. We rented two big condos side by side, about a 5 minute walk from the town. They were beautiful! Big balconies and a great view, and because Cassi and I came up nice and early we got to pick our bedroom! Teresa and her Mom went skiing up on the mountain and because of my knee Cassi and I stayed down and explored the town. We took so many pictures and they will be up on the slide show right away! Winter Carnival has these snow sculptures all over town and Cassi and I took pictures of as many as possible. In the evening, when everybody got home from skiing and boarding we all went to the hot springs. there was fifteen of us all together and we carpooled up to Gold Fork Hot Springs. I had never been to one before and I was absolutely blown away. I was a designated driver tonight and was happy to do it, everybody else was getting pretty silly, Cassi and I stayed collected. It was a full moon and the ski was clear, we relaxed in natural water that was over 100 degrees, it was amazing, there was snow all around us! It felt good too, Cassi and I did so much walking around today, and we even went ice-skating, which was funny.

For Lunch: We Went to this little cafe and wine bar in town called Bistro 45, I had a grilled, open faced sandwich with hummus, cucumber, onion, tomato with sprouts and a little salad of greens with a huckleberry vinaigrette. I had a glass of Pinot Gris too, we were feeling frisky.

For Dinner: After the hot springs we came home and everybody ate dinner. Teresa and her mom had made a huge thing of Chicken enchiladas, but I cooked myself a chicken breast on the grill and had a green salad to go with. I had two cocktails and I chose wisely, I want to make sure if I was going to drink, I wasn't going to drink anything too heavy. I had two vodka and sodas with lots of lime.

This was a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment