Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 130

Went to my spin class again today, and once again it made me feel AMAZING! It was early, but not too bad.

For Breakfast: Regular cheerios rice milk.

Two years ago today, Cassi and I got together, so . . . it's a special day for us!

After my first class I came home and did my last minute prep for my Focus group. We had our first Taste Test today in class, I had to prep a whole bunch of carrots, that's what we tested. I bought regular old carrots, and then I bought those organic local carrots from the farmer's market. It was awesome. The presentations today were on food Culture, experiencing different cultures, and what our own cultures are. We had such an amazing discussion that lasted the entire 2 hours. I feel like the class has been a huge success so far! I absolutely love it, it makes me feel like I want to teach, probably because I get to walk into a room and do exactly what I want, because I plan the class! The people in the class are really enjoying it too!

After class I came home and relaxed a little before work. I caught up on my TV shows and ate lunch.

For Lunch: two eggs and a whole wheat English muffin.


Then off to work. It was pretty slow again, but better than the last few weeks. After work Cassi and I went out on a date to celebrate our two wonderful years together. We went to Tango, a spanish tapas bar up on Captiol Hill. We had a wonderful dinner and we even celebrated with a glass of wine!


For Dinner: I great glass of red wine, it was a blend, Merlot/Syrah/Cab Sauv. I found the dinner menu online, they are all small plates:

Spanish Olives and Toasted Almonds- Citrus marinated olives, coriander spiced almonds
Green Beans & Harissa- Pan roasted green beans and tomatoes, pinenuts, harissa
Wild Mushrooms & Jamon- Sautéed seasonal mushrooms, Serrano ham and Xeres reduction
Ensalada Verde- Organic mixed greens, tomato, grilled hearts of palm, lemon-pumpkin seed vinaigrette
Gambas Picantes- Chipotle tiger prawns, roasted corn-coconut galletas, pumpkin seed-cilantro pipien

And for dessert, we indulged in the El Diablo, it's actually sinful.
Bittersweet cube of sinfully rich dark chocolate graced with cayenne, spicy almonds, cocoa nibs and burnt meringue finished with a tequila caramel sauce

We had a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment