Thursday, May 06, 2010

Day 233

I went to my first Community Kitchens night at the Rainier Community Center. When I got there I helped prep some food, chopped some garlic, sliced some tomatoes etc. This specific kitchen is a family kitchen so the parents bring their children and while they cook in the kitchen the kids do activities. Before I knew it there were 16 kids all running around. Well, if you know me, you know that I love kids! We made granola bars, made mother's day cards. I got cheerleading lessons from a 5 year old and broke up a hair pulling match in-between two 3 year olds. It was fantastic! As for the dinner menu, we made salmon cakes, tabouli  with quinoa, many a green salad etc. The food that everybody made was fantastic, at this particular kitchen we all sit down at the end of the night and eat together. It is really an amazing experience. I had such a great time and can't wait to do it again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment