Sunday, May 02, 2010

Day 230

For Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs. Toast, and Coffee.

The first thing we did today is make a large planter for my balcony. I told Dad what I had in mind and in no time he whipped it right up! I am so excited to get some more plants and make myself a great little garden! Cassi and I painted it dark green it, I will post pictures soon!

After the planter was finished the four of us (Cassi, Mom, Dad, and me) harvested Stinging nettles from the property. I have heard so many times now about the amazing nutritional benefits of eating Nettles, and I saw them at the market yesterday. We have so many nettles on our property we could eat nettles everyday for the rest of the season! I looked it up, did you know that Nettles is 40% protein? and more than 100% of the daily recommended Vitamin A? They say its one of the healthiest things you can eat and you can use it in anything you would use cooked spinach in. I will let you know how it tastes!

After our Nettles adventure we went on a hike. Mom has the horse/hiking trails in really good shape and we took a real nice vigorous hike.

Now we are back at the house and are planning on heading down to Seattle. We want to incorporate our nettles into the thai soup we usually have, we will see how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment