Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 97 (Dec 20th)

You've probably noticed that I have not been too careful on my diet since I have been on my trip. I figure that I would be denying myself a huge opportunity to come all the way back to Lancaster and not cook and eat these insanely delicious things with my Nana. It's vacation! Not that I have given up on my weight loss, I'm just not going to let it hinder my holiday experience.

Today I got up and shoveled snow to the garage and a path way in front of the house and to the front gate. I am not used to shoveling snow, it's hard work! It took me a while to do, but I got it done and it felt good to get such a good workout in. Nana and I made a Cranberry Ginger pound cake with a cranberry glaze with sugared cranberries today. It was great. I am not much of a baker, but it was fun and those sugared cranberries were addictive.

We made Cornish Game hens for dinner, which I have never made before, they were delish, We stuffed them with a homemade garlic bread stuffing with pine nuts. and had sauteed zucchini strips along side. We also got these at the market at a local poultry stand. We decorated the tree, and did our own little Christmas this evening. The trip has been so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment