Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 94 (Dec 17th)

Well, I finished my final paper and went to the airport to head out for Pennsylvania. I am so excited to see my Nana! I have a connection in Chicago, but my first flight is the long one. It worked out with flyer miles that I am in first class for the first flight. It'll be my first time, and I am interested to see what they serve for food, hopefully something that I can eat!

For Breakfast: Coffee. Cup of oatmeal with raisins, pecans, and brown sugar. (at the airport while I was waiting for the plane)

For Lunch: Spinach salad with carrots, tomatoes, prawns, and pancetta (which I didn't eat much of) with a balsamic vinaigrette. It was served with fresh grapes, carrots, and celery.

This was my first class meal, and I was very impressed, It seemed to be so health conscious! I didn't drink on the plane. I didn't drink on the plane. I am still a little cautious of drinking.

I landed in Harrisburg, PA and Aunt Gwynne and Nana were there waiting for me! We were all a little hungry even though it was late so we went to this silly diner that they knew about. It was a very clean place with all walks of life sitting and munching down on diner food, which can be practically anything.

For Dinner: Greek Salad with Grilled chicken, olives, tomatoes, onions, and pepperoncini peppers. with a Greek vinaigrette. The salad was good, the dressing wasn't that great.

We went back to Nana's House in Lancaster and went to bed, it was late!

Nana's house is amazing. It an 1800's city house, three stories high with a beautiful back yard and a neat old carriage house. I don't really know how to explain it, it's just beautiful, and all of the antiques she has in her house would blow you all away. It's great.

I met this woman on the plane from Seattle to Chicago. Her name was Katie too, and she sat next to me on the flight. She was so great and we talked about food the entire 4 hours. her husband is a sous chef at a well known restaurant in downtown Seattle and, she too was passionate about food, I told her where I was headed and why, and from then on we couldn't stop talking. I hope I can keep in touch with her and even get in touch with her husband because he went to culinary school here in Seattle and I would loved to pick his brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment