Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 90

Happy Day 90! I woke up this morning in Arlington to snow falling outside my window. It is so cozy in my parents house and being there got me so excited for the holidays. I still have finals week to get through, so I have to stay focused. It ended up snowing all day and it was absolutely beautiful. Yesterday Mom, Dad, and Josh got a Christmas tree and it's a good one this year! So we decorated it today and listened to Christmas songs for a while, until we got sick of them and turned it back on to Dad's rockin' playlist.

For Breakfast: Two eggs, over medium. Coffee.

I love homemade Christmas decorations! There is at least one picture of each of us kids on the tree this year pasted in the middle of some paper-plate/wreath craft. I can't wait until I get to do Holiday crafts with my own kids, or Ally and Shay's, they'll probably be here sooner!
Mom had the idea in her head to make chocolate chip cookies today. There were a few recipes that she was thinking about . . . so we decided to make all of them and have a true taste test. Cassi and Josh were the main judges, but Mom and I made sure we got to taste too. We made three different kinds of chocolate chip cookies, the 1st place winner was the recipe that Ally gave me to make cookies for my class last week. Mom and I named them, the "Sister-Sister Cookies" Because Ally gave me the recipe and I passed it on to mom. Pretty darn good!

For lunch: I had some leftover soup that Mom made a few days ago. It was really good. It had winter squash, with a tomato stock, white beans, clams, sweet potato, onions, carrot, and celery, with garlic and chili flakes. It was spicy and delicious.

After the cookie extravaganza was finished we set up Rock-Band and played as a family. It's becoming a family holiday tradition! Dad is the best singer in the house by far. And believe it or not, Mom rocks one heck of a bass guitar!

For Dinner: Homemade Chicken and Vegetable Soup.

I posted a lot of pictures into both slideshows, take a look! I also weighed myself when I got home, as I have made a habit of doing. I have only lost two pounds since I have been home last. :( I can definitely blame that on all the cookies I have been eating, and with how bust school is, I haven't been taking enough time to go to the gym, and to cook myself good, healthy meals. I am almost done, than I will do better! I have got a lot of weight left to lose, just have to keep on keepin' on. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment