Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 91

I went to the store and got a few more ingredients that I needed to make my Chicken Chili. This is not my chicken and black-bean chili, this is Chicken with veggies and beans with tomato . . .

Chunky Vegetable and Chicken Chili:
1 large sweet onion. Diced.
1 large bell pepper. Diced.
1 large, or 2 small zucchinis. Diced.
2 cloves garlic. Minced.
1 Large (28 oz, I think) can of stewed plum tomatoes. Pureed
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can cannellini beans
1 can diced tomatoes
2 large chicken breasts. Diced.
Salt, Pepper, Cayenne, Oregano, Chili Powder, Chili Flakes, Cumin.
1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro, Roughly Chopped.
olive oil.

First I saute the chicken in a large pan, with a little bit of olive oil. I make sure to get some color on it too. set aside. In the same pan, with a bit more olive oil, if needed, sweat the onions, after 8 minutes add the bell pepper, followed by the zucchini, and garlic. Let everything cook together for ten minutes and then add the cilantro and other spices, and add the chicken and beans. Taste and add more seasoning if needed. I like it a little spicy, of course. Add the pureed tomato and the diced tomato with the juice and put it all into the Crock-pot. Stew for a few hours, until everything is cooked down and delicious! Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. yum I want to try this one.
    You are looking great it was fun to see you ladies last night.
    HH

    ReplyDelete