Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 62

I woke up this morning, not believing that the trip went by so fast.

For Breakfast: 2 eggs over medium with 1 piece of dry toast and yogurt. Coffee.

Right after breakfast we had to say goodbye to everybody, Nana, and Aunt Lisa, Uncle Steve and his brother. Linda and Denny who came out from Seattle to see time play. I hated saying goodbye, I get to see Ally and Shay at Christmas and I am going to visit Nana in Lancaster in a month, but Aunt Lisa and Uncle Steve, I don't know when I will see them again. For the past 4 years we have had these football games to meet up at, but now, we leave with no plans made to see each other.

We got on a plane for JFK in New york and had a long lay-over so we ate lunch in the airport. I learned a very valuable lesson about eating out and asking questions. I saw on the menu "Mahi Mahi Tacos, with a cabbage slaw." I thought, perfect!

It came out and it was, deep fried fish with sauerkraut. It was horrible and totally not healthy. Mom says it wasn't sauerkraut in was just pickled cabbage . . . whatever, it was gross. That being said I ate it, because I had to eat and it was served with a lovely little salad.

Always ask how things are prepared if not specified on the menu.
and think about where you are and if that Item nakes sense in that location. Is it likely to find an awesome grilled fresh fish taco in a New York City Airport? probably not.

The flight was long, I snacked on peanuts, carrots, sugar snap peas, and a snickerdoodle cookie.

I was happy to be home and hang out with Cassi. she had some leftover dinner and I munched on that. Steamed tofu with peppers, onions and red curry. (just a little bit)

Looking back on my whole trip, I would say that I did pretty well with eating. I made some mistakes and took some liberties, but it could have been worse, a whole lot worse. I really need to get back on my regiment though, I saw pictures and realized how much more weight I had to lose. I only look good relative to how i used to look, I still have a long ways ahead of me!

1 comment:

  1. Kate, I just got my internet hooked up and am sitting here catching up on your blog. We all had a great time this weekend (despite my nasty cold). I have loved these weekends but never feel like I really got to spend time with you and find out who the real day to day Kate is - what you think, what you like, what your favorite color is and your current preference for jewelry style. We will make a trip happen in 2010 and spend some alone time. I love you and know how hard it is to do what you are doing and doing amazingly well. L.A.L.

    ReplyDelete