Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 60

Woke up at 3 o'clock in the morning, and got ready to go. I packed up and both Josh and I got picked up by our parents at 4 am.

For Breakfast: I made myself eat a little oatmeal so I wouldn't be hungry later and objectify myself the the limited options at the airport.

In-between flights at the Chicago Airport I snacked on Some carrots and celery that mom brought.

When we landed in Albany we went straight to the hotel and met up with Nana and Ally and Shay. They were so nice and told me I looked great! It was so awesome to heat that they noticed my efforts!

We had Dinner reservations at Augie's, a family italian restaurant that we have come to love up there when we come to visit Tim. The portions are huge and the atmosphere is crazy! I knew that this was going to be the night that I really had to think about what I was going to eat. It was the last time we were going to be there, and I didn't want to exclude myself from the experience.

This made it hard, but I decided to eat everything, in moderate portions and to allow myself to have one more big Augie's experience. . .

For Dinner: We started out with salad, I had a few helpings og this so I didn't leave too much room for the other things. The salad, was a simple family italian salad with greens, tomato and onion with a vinaigrette. We then had an appetizer that was awesome and mostly guilt free. It was Asparagus with shrimp, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, and white beans in a garlic sauce!
For Nine people we orders three entrees and still had 4 full to-go boxes. The three entrees were: Chicken parm, Which I had a small portion of chicken, with no cheese, and minimal breading, mostly just the chicken and marinara sauce. the next dish is called mama Ziti: Penne pasta with meatballs, sausage and marinara: I had a small piece of meatball and two pieces of sausage and just a few noodles. This is the first pasta I have had in over 60 days. The last dish was a Fusili pasta with scallops, shrimp, and artichokes in a garlic cream sauce. I mostly took a few pieces of seafood out of this, and just a bit of pasta. We some way found room
for dessert too!

For Dessert: Decaf coffee. I bite of Augie's delicious cannoli and 1 bite of amazing tiramisu. It was rich and SO WORTH IT!

We went back to the hotel and went to bed to get ready for the game the next day! It was hard for me to go to sleep, and I felt sort of guilty for everything I ate. Not that I felt like I should have abstained from eating anything, but my stomach hurt and I felt gross about all that food!

2 comments:

  1. For those of you who haven't had the privilege of hanging with Katy lately...she looks beautiful. Trim and glowy and energetic. And simply beautiful.

    I'm so proud.

    xoxo,
    Al

    ReplyDelete