Wednesday, September 22, 2010

1y + 5d Takin' it to the Burke

I woke up early again this morning and made Cassi and myself breakfast. I was scheduled to work this morning but I had a doctors appointment AND a physical therapy appointment this morning, so Cassi worked for me. What would I do without her?

For Breakfast: I made an omelet with one and egg and one egg white with mushrooms, bell peppers, jalapeƱo, black beans, cilantro, and scallion; topped with fresh avocado slices and salsa fresca. Coffee.

I went to the doctors office today and took X-rays and Dr. Larson examined my knee, he said that everything looks fantastic and now there are only three things I am still not aloud to do.

1.) No running on hard surfaces, however I am aloud to start doing light jogging on grass or a treadmill. In six to eight weeks I should be able to go for a light jog.

2.) No uncontrolled weight exercises in the gym, basically I am not aloud to do quad sets, because it puts so much pressure on the joint.

3.) No jumping or pivoting movements, so anything sports related is still a no.

All of this means a couple of really great things, I am aloud to go swimming any stroke for as long as I want . . . and I can go biking outside!!! I am so excited to ride my bike, it's been too long! Burke Gilman trail here I come!

For Lunch: I had grilled veggies (Eggplant, zucchini, onion, red bell peppers, and mushrooms) drizzled with a balsamic reduction. Yum.

Jenna came over and we hung out and I got to tell her about our trip, and she got to tell me how she's adjusting to Seattle, apparently the weather was pretty nasty while we were gone. I love Seattle and the weather is so not as bad as people say it is, so I hope Jenna doesn't think rain is all Seattle has to offer because we have so much more!

For Dinner: Grilled tofu and Broccoli sauteed with sliced crimini mushrooms and slivered almonds. Very good.

We watched a movie tonight and ate popcorn. The kind with just a little olive oil and salt. vegan for the cuz, healthy for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment