Wednesday, September 29, 2010

1y + 12d Biking With Mom

For Breakfast: Coffee.

Got up and went to work this morning. When I got there I had a bit of the "Family Food" they put out for the workers.  Just a piece of chicken and a cup of vegan butternut squash soup.

Work wasn't too bad, I got a little busy during the rush but was done early enough to help Cassi go bike shopping before she had to go in for work. We went to Gregg's near greenlake and got some pretty good ideas. the biggest idea we got is how darn expensive bikes are!

For Lunch: When I got home from bike shopping with Cassi I quick ate something before biking with my mom. I sauteed some tofu and eggplant and made a sauce using plum sauce, sriracha, lime juice, and peanut butter, sounds crazy but it was really good!

Mom and I took an awesome bike ride, I think we probably did about 18 miles. My knee feels fantastic and so does my body now that I am working out again. I want to keep riding as much as possible until the weather turns nasty. It's been pretty good lately.

After the ride I decided to bend the rule and go out with Mom and Cassi to Jhan-Jay our favorite Thai restaurant. I know I am not supposed to eat out but we did and I chose my meal very carefully.

For Dinner: Hot and sour Thai-style clear soup simmered with mushrooms, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, chili paste, cilantro, and your choice of steamed tofu. We also had the fresh vegetarian rolls and hot ginger tea.




No comments:

Post a Comment