Monday, August 02, 2010

Weekend Update: Days 317 & 318

I spent the day on Saturday up with Cassi and Mom. They trained for the triathlon. A combination of having cramps, pitying myself for not being able to run, and boredom made me pretty cranky. But I cheered up and when we got home I got to work on making homemade pizza for an appetizer to bring to a party that night. We all went to the Huleatt's annual summer party and it was a blast. I saw people there that I haven't seen in years! Everyone was so nice to Cassi and excited to meet her. I think for a lot of people, especially up in Arlington, meeting Cassi is a big deal. Most of my friends make a point to take an interest in Cassi and me, to show that they are okay with it, despite what other conservative opinions they might have. When I first came out I was scared to face people in Small Town Arlington, now I would show up anywhere hand in hand with Cassi and all my friends admire my openness and accept it. They new me as "Katy" long before they new me as "the weird lesbian" in the room. It was really good to see everyone at the party and we all had a blast. I was the designated driver and drove Mom, Dad, Cassi, Jodi, and Greg home, what a wild bunch.

Sunday morning we woke up and slowly got ready to head to Cassi's soccer game back in Seattle.

For Breakfast: Coffee and one egg.

For Lunch/Dinner: BBQ chicken on the grill, grilled sweet corn on the cob and a jicama apple slaw. I used ginger, apple, jicama, carrot, green onion, lime zest and juice, garlic, cayenne and rice vinegar. It was awesome!

For Dessert: We had mango and blueberries and much later in the evening i had frozen pineapple chunks.
We had a pretty early night and I am feeling good. Back on my game and ready to lose weight again! I still have another 20 to lose and it is officially time to get on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment