Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Day 320

I woke up early and found something unusual in my bed! Cassi. Usually by the time I wake up she is long gone at volunteering, but I woke up and there she was. She twisted her ankle in the soccer game on Sunday and it blew up last night, she decided to stay off it for a day.

For Breakfast: I woke up and let her sleep in but I made coffee and made myself two eggs. 


When Cassi woke I made her fresh French Toast with homemade Blueberry compote! It looked really good and she loved it! I cooked down some blueberries I had and added a little bit of sugar and pure maple syrup and some cinnamon and clove. (just a touch) Of course i sprinkled it with powdered sugar for that special touch!

I did laundry today and we paid lots of bills and I went through all of our hanging clothes and started a Goodwill pile. It was a decently productive day and since Cassi stayed home it was nice to have some chill time too. I have been so glad that I found my camera that I have been taking a lot of pictures. Here are a few of the balcony garden.

AREN'T THE PICTURES FANTASTIC?!!!!!

This evening I cooked a big meal for the two of us. Whiel we were eating Cassi and I figured out that our meal had 11 different vegetables in it! That's pretty awesome. This is what was for dinner . . . 

For Dinner: Grilled chicken breast marinated in a dijon, and lemon zest dressing I made. Grilled corn on the cob with a lime chili butter, and grilled veggies; mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchini and sweet onion. I also made a nice salad. It had fresh romaine lettuce, radishes, carrots, celery, and green onion with toasty pecan pieces and homemade whole wheat croutons made from a some leftover sfilatino bread. The salad also had fresh golden cherry tomatoes from our garden. It was a great feast.

Yum

We were stuffed!

We just got back from a walk around our neighborhood. We sat by the water and watched all the sailboats go by. Now we are home and just laying low. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment