Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 343

For Breakfast: Peanut butter and banana sandwich. Coffee.

Later when Cassi got home I made pizza on the grill with my new pizza stone Ally and Shay got me for graduation. First I made some vegan pesto with roasted garlic. I roasted he garlic first and let it cool down a bit, and I ground some almonds, until it was a fine grind. Then I put all my basil in the food processor and re-added my almonds, my garlic and salt and pepper, and finally added my Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

For Lunch: Whole wheat pizza dough with eggplant mushrooms and chicken basil sausage from trader joes with my pesto. I laid my pizza stone right on the grill and let it get nice and hot. I ran out of flour so I had a hard time working with my dough. So I basically had to stretch out the dough in my hands and flop it right down on the hot stone and then quickly put the toppings on. (almost like how a crepe is made.) It was really good and the pizza stone was awesome.



I had to go get my food handler's permit renewed this afternoon. It is an important class, but it is SO boring. I almost fell asleep 2 or 3 times.

Later tonight I met up with Jenna. I went over to her apartment and we chatted with her roommates and some of there friends. It was nice getting to know them. We grabbed a bite to eat after Cassi got off work.

For Dinner: Seared Ahi with wasabi and soy and a cucumber, ginger salad. Yum, yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment