Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 8

Work was pretty decent today. Not too busy, not to slow. I didn’t get out of there until much later than I thought though. Cassi picked me up and we went to Trader Joe’s to get a few things. I have some plans up my sleeve for some homemade Minestrone. When we got home, I prepped some celery and carrots for snacking. Just like I helped my mom do when I was in Arlington a couple days ago. I found myself doing the exact same thing she does. I made sure my carrots and celery were sliced ever so thinly. We learn from example I guess! I made Cassi and myself a quick lunch, and had some down time. It was nice to just hang out with her and relax before we resumed to our busy schedules.

For Lunch: Heirloom Tomato salad with basil, kalamata olives, Bermuda onion and red wine vinegar with EV olive oil. We also had grilled tofu again. A repeat, yes, but a good repeat. It really is delish!

Tonight I had my good friend, Kay, over for dinner while Cassi had to work. I made Grilled Mahi Tacos, with a green cabbage and jalapeno slaw. They were really good! We played guitar and gossiped, ate good, healthy food, and relaxed.

For Dinner: Whole-wheat tortillas (96% fat free) with Grilled Mahi-Mahi filet. Topped with a slaw made of green cabbage, jalapeno, limejuice, lime zest, a bit of green onion, and a lil’ bit of minced purple cabbage for color. (salt, and pepper) Served with black beans. I made a spicy avocado salsa to go with that was so good! (In a food processor, half a jalapeno, 1 avocado, 1 clove garlic, limejuice and zest, salt, pepper)

We are sneaking away to Arlington again to paint for my dad. I am excited to have the day off with Cassi.

Thank you so much for your emails and words of encouragement; you don’t know how motivating it is to know that you are all reading and routing for me.

1 comment:

  1. You are AMAZING Katy! And inspiring. Keep it up!!
    p.s. can you post pics 'cause I'd looooove to see the swim cap on ;)

    ReplyDelete