Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 1

I have never blogged anything before, but here I am. I figured it would be a good way to hold myself accountable. You see . . . I am on a mission to get myself back into shape. I am 3 1/2 months out from major ACL knee surgery (soccer injury) and I realized how important it is for me to keep myself healthy. It's not like I get to trade in my body, I am stuck with this one, and it is time to get it back to something I like. Right now I look in the mirror and automatically think of something to wear or throw over myself to cover up all this extra stuff. I have been upset about it for a long time, and I am done being upset, it is time to rethink this whole "chubby girl" thing.
My confession is . . . I love food, and I love to cook, but I know that I can make healthy and delicious meals for myself and bring myself back to a weight that I feel good about. I have already started going to the gym. My workout is a little tricky with my knee, so I need to remember to be careful and not do anything harmful, I'm not even allowed to or, for for that matter able to, run yet.
My plan for this blog is to keep a journal of everything that I eat, no secrets, no fibs. I will lists ingredients and recipes of what I cook. I need to keep track of what goes into my body, if I know I have to admit to it by writing it here, then perhaps I will make better decisions, purely to spare the shame.

1 comment:

  1. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! This makes me want to start changing my diet too....!This is Kay btw. The "comment as" thing won't let me post this any other way then anonymous...ugh.

    ...but...YAY for KATY!

    ReplyDelete