Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day 2

Well, I didn't post anything last night, so I am writing up my report for yesterday, this morning. I had a great day, went to the gym and did the elliptical foe an hour, while i watched the food network. I think I am the only person who works out to the food channel. I don't have cable at home, so the food network is a huge treat.

For Breakfast:
Instant oatmeal with fresh apples and one egg over medium.

For Lunch:
Tofu and steamed brussel-sprouts, with a touch of soy sauce and some sriracha.
Note: don't eat brussel-sprouts with teriyaki sauce, not a good combo, but my sprouts were in my fridge for a while and I had to use them up!

After lunch I had a couple of handfuls of trail mix. Trader Joe's Trek mix, raw almonds and cashews and dried cranberries.

Then I went to the gym, the IMA (UW's student gym) is amazing, it has everything from climbing walls to squash courts. It is a beautiful place to workout with the best equipment. One suggestion: People who go there should be required to wear deodorant and tame their pubic area if wearing revealing clothing or swimsuits. The free weight area reeks so badly of body odor you can't even walk thru, let alone stay there long enough for a workout. What's the deal?

For dinner:
I heated up a bowl of soup that I made in the crock-pot earlier. It was my first time making this soup, and I think it's absolutely delicious! (So does my girlfriend!). Along with the soup i had a small salad with romaine, red bell peppers, a couple of croutons, and a couple of capers. A bit of light caesar dressing too.

Vegan 17 Bean Soup
I used TJ's 17 bean medley with barely, and soaked them before using, I admit I did it the quick way.( the whole bag, 16oz dry)
2 cloves garlic, crushed, chopped.
1 small-medium white onion, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 16oz can of diced tomatoes, NOT strained
1 1/2 to 2 32 oz Hearty Vegetable Broth, (TJ's)
And a whole bunch of spices: cayenne pepper, dried bay leaf, thyme, parsley, Red chile flakes, pinch of paprika, salt, pepper. All to taste, I like a bit spicy.

I put it all in the crock-pot and let it do it's thing, over night. I sautéed the mirepoix first.

I have been drinking lots and lots of water too!

One more thing, No Alcohol, not even a glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment