Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 4

Before I went to work I made up another quick soup to put in the Crock-pot, I also prepped all of the veggies. I have Ziplocs in my fridge of cleaned, washed, sliced, or chopped (whatever the veggie entails) vegetables. I know this is great, because I already did all the busy work, now when I go to make up my salad or throw things in a pot, everything is right at my fingertips.

My Chunky Chicken Vegetable Soup with Wild Mushrooms:
Chicken Breast: a few whole breasts, or 7-10 chicken tenderloins, diced
I packet of TJ’s dried wild mushroom medley (I cut the largely dried pieces, so make them more uniform in size)
1-2 32oz Hearty Chicken Broth, Low sodium if you have it.
1 bag of baby spinach
A few baby red potatoes, diced chunky
1 medium onion, diced
4 carrots, diced chunky
4 celery stalks, diced chunky
2 cloves garlic, crushed and diced
And the spices . . . touch of salt, pepper, thyme, parsley, bay leaf, hint of savory, and a little rosemary. (All to taste)

In a large pot, I sweat the onions and garlic, and chicken, added the celery and carrots and the potatoes, then put the broth and mushrooms and a little later, the spinach. I then added my spices. Once I got things going in the pan, I put everything in the crock-pot, really only because I needed to go to work . . . so everything in the CP (on low) and off to work I went!

For work I packed a few snack so I could have something to nibble on if it was going to be a late night. Work wasn’t even a threat, no pizza, no soda, no bread drenched in olive oil.

I got home early enough to eat some of my soup for dinner, and those snacks I brought for work on the side.

For Dinner:
One bowl of my chicken soup with mushrooms, and sliced red bell peppers and celery sticks with a bit of very light lemon vinaigrette (from our restaurant)

I’m drinking tons of water too, all day out of my new SIGG, It says “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle” on it, I think . . .hey, that’s what I am doing with myself!

I feel amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment