Friday, September 25, 2009

Day 10

I didn't get a chance to post last night, I was wrapped up in the Grey's Anatomy premiere. Pretty intense stuff. I had a great day though.

For Lunch:Greek Chop salad, I chopped up into small pieces: basil, radishes, kalamata olives, red onion, cucumber, pepperoncinis, red bell pepper, added Garbanzo beans, and capers, with chopped romaine. Red wine vinegar and olive oil, with some salt, pepper and dried oregano. I know I had this salad before, and I know it's probably boring to read about me having repeats, but the salad was so good.

After Lunch Cassi and I met Claudia, a friend of ours and of Cassi's Family, and she suggested we go on a hike, it was great. We calculated it and it was approximately 5.2 miles. Among our chatting, Claudia said, "Katy, you're making a lot of salads." well, I guess I am going to have to mix it up a little.

So when I got home from our hike, I took off my running shoes and put on my apron. I prepped a couple dishes for the busy weekend. I made vegan minestrone soup, I cooked a spaghetti squash I have plans for. I sliced eggplant into sheets, seasoned and grilled it, also going to be a part of the spaghetti squash dish, and I prepped the chicken and marinated it for last nights dinner.

For Dinner: Butterflied and pounded chicken breast marinated in stoneground mustard, salt, pepper, chili pepper, and parsley. Grilled on the BBQ, and then topped with fresh arugula. I drizzled a bit of EV Olive Oil and then half of a lemon. They make a dish at my work kinda like this, so I figured I would try to re-invent it. It was good and a nice change up to the salad I admit. I had another apple for dessert. Crispy and delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment