Friday, July 16, 2010

Two and a Half Weeks

Well I just got back from my Physical therapy appointment. things are going really well. At 18 days out of surgery i almost have all my flexion back and can fully extend/ straighten my leg. I have a lot of work ahead of me in terms of strength but things are going very well and the therapist, Mark really knows what he is doing. I have learned so much about my injury in the three times that I have seen him, and it's very nice to know what is going on in your own recovery.

I went grocery shopping with Cassi and I feel like I am really ready to get back into the swing of things. I got to do some time on the stationary bike during PT today and I am feeling inspired to start losing weight again and eating healthy.  Unfortunately I still haven't found my camera and I am beginning to lose hope. My camera is a crucial part of this blog and I don't know what to do if I can't find it! You're missing so much! My tomatoes have ripened the swiss chard is thriving and all I ever wanted to do is take beautiful pictures of my rookie gardening miracles and I cannot! Oh Dear.

There is a camera on my computer that I used to snap a few photos of my knee. I really want to be
able to document this rehab process. I found a couple of photos of the last surgery too!

These pictures were taken after my first surgery. I know it's hard to see but my knee is more swollen here and actually much more chubby than it is now. I guess I never realized that when I lose weight I even lose it in my knees.

They used the exact same incision lines for the both surgeries. This time the scar is healing a little bumpy because there is already a scar underneath the second incision. However, when is comes to swelling and bruising there is no doubt that this time around has been much much better. 





1 comment:

  1. Hi KATY
    great progress!
    sorry about camera
    GREAT VISIT!
    LOVE nana

    ReplyDelete