Wednesday, December 08, 2010

What a day!

Today was action packed and good stuff all around. I got up and got ready for my 2nd Interview for the new Tom Douglas restaurant. I can't remember if I told you how well the 1st one went, well it went well and I got a call back for another interview!

So I went in for the next one today and was greeted by Barb, the lady who interviewed me last week. Before we even sat down she told me that she would love to have me and congrats on getting the job. Here I thought I was going to be interviewed by someone else and instead she just sat me down introduced me to the lead chef at the restaurant and gave me the "New Hire" paperwork. When Tony, the chef sat down Barb asked if I had a copy of my book, Life.Love.Food. because she was so impressed by it! Of course I had a copy, I whipped it out and scanned through it and asked if I had any cooking experience and I told him I was self taught but my goal was to go to Culinary school soon. He said if I ever wanted to work in the kitchen to just let him know! It was a great meetng and the timing works out perfectly, so when Il Fornaio dies down I can cut back on my shifts there and start full time at Serious Pie.

The other amazing thing that happened today is Nana ordered my sewing machine. After even more research I found the perfect machine! It is so great and very Heavy Duty! I think it looks pretty retro too, which I love. Just one more step closer to becoming the new Martha Stewart, my ultimate dream! (I truly wish I was kidding, but I don't think I am)

What a beauty, and a beast!


For Breakfast: Coffee and a few raw almonds.

For Lunch: Cassi and I went to grab some Pho, We both like the vegetarian kind because it comes with all sorts of veggies.

Later we went to see the new Harry Potter movie, awesome.

For Dinner: Chicken breast with a piccata sauce and sauteed spinach with garlic.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    congratulations i knew u would be hired
    singer looks GOOD;
    Love NANA

    ReplyDelete