Monday, December 06, 2010

Bow Down to Washington- Go Dawgs!!!

Cassi and I got backfrom the Apple Cup in Pullman last night, what a game!! Cassi and I both worked doubles on friday, here's the down low on what happened since then-

Friday lunch was pretty busy, not too bad, Cassi and I had just enough time to catch the bus, put our bags in the car, grab a quick bite and drive back into downtown.

For Lunch: We had leftover roasted vegatables, the butternut, onion, potato, and garlic. So, So good!

Dinner shift was crazy. I sold 1300 dollars worth of food in a couple hours and was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. We finally got done, ordered some food and hit the road to head over the pass at 10:30pm.

For Dinner: I had the dorato risotto: I order mine vegan, no butter no cheese, makes it a lot healthier. Rice simmered in a saffron stock with tomatoes mushrooms, garlic, asparagus, zucchini, butternut squash. Yum.

We stopped and stayed with Josh so we didn't have to do the whole 5 1/2 hour drive to Pullman. Josh was a fantastic host! We got up early the next morning and got on our way. We of course grabbed a latte on the way out of town.

Crimson and Purple on our way.


From just about 45 minutes out of Seattle all the way east to Idaho the entire state is blanketed in snow, it was beautiful, and a definite sign of how freezing the game was going to be. We got to Shay's parents house around 11am and they had prepared an awesome hot lunch for us before we took off for the game.

For Lunch: Fresh local ham, and home grown corn and potatoes from the Colson's garden. Really good!

We headed to the game in our car with Ally and Shay, and we got some more coffee on the way. Well it was freezing at the game and that's an understatement. We had great seats in the huskies section and got to see a lot of the action up close.




Final: UW 35- WSU 28, way closer than we thought, but a victory for the dawgs! Sorry Cass.

After the game we hobbled back to our car and went back to the Colson's to change. And headed to dinner.

For Dinner: We went to a mexican restaurant, it was great. I had shrimp tacos with mushrooms and a cabbage slaw with rice and whole beans. I also had my one celebratory drink, a Dos Equis beer, For the rest of the night I was a designated driver.

We went to The Coug, one of Cassi's favorite spots from college and then made it a pretty early night. We woke up in the morning to Coffee and homemade sourdough pancakes with fresh fruit. they were awesome!

Then we went to lunch at a place that Cassi worked all through college. Sella's Pizza and Calzone. It was very good.

For Lunch: A salad and a calzone combo. I removed the cheese from my calzone, I couldn't handle it but I really wanted to get one because Cassi said they were amazing. The calzone was actually fantastic, it's my fault I couldnt handle the cheese.

After lunch we drove Ally and Shay to the airport in Spokane and then headed back across the state. it was a could 5 hour drive.

It was amazing scenery.

We got back to Seattle and went to Trader Joe's. Then we came home, did laundry and I made soup.

For Dinner: Vegan 17 bean soup: 
16oz dry bean medley
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium white onion, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 16oz can of diced tomatoes, with juice
32 oz hearty vegetable broth
Dried bay leaf
Thyme
Parsley
Salt
Pepper
I used the Gullah Seasoning to season the soup and it turned out amazing.

Sauté the onions, celery, carrots and garlic with a dash of olive oil in a large pot. I soaked the beans until soft and added them to the pot, along with the tomatoes, 24 oz of water and vegetable broth. I cooked it for a bit but got so hungry I ate it after an hour or so. I can't wait to try it the next day. I made a lot so we can have it through the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment